- Golden Rock
– Blocked out date: Thingyan Festival & Burmese New Year Holidays 12 – 17 April 2020
Day 1:Arrive Yangon International Airport(L/D)
Arrival Yangon International Airport, meet and welcome by local guide and transfer to your hotel for check-in and Relaxation. Welcome lunch at local restaurant.
Afternoon Sightseeing highlights:
1. Yangon City Centre – Independence monument & colonial buildings
2. Lawkanat Gallery – a cool place to explore Burmese arts
3. Little Indian – Burmese Indian Community immigrated into Burma from the start of British rule in the middle of 19thcentury.
4. Yangon Jetty – the daily life of the local people in the Yangon’s River
5. Shwedagon Pagoda – Enjoy sunset from the greatest golden pagoda and landmark of Myanmar.
Dinner serve with Chinese food in the famous Kandawgyi Garden. Overnight at hotel in Yangon.
Day 2:Yangon – Bago – Golden Rock (B/ L/ D)
Morning after breakfast, start two hours journey to Bago; an ancient capital of Mon Kingdom in 15th century. Being the former capital, Bago is the most important historical sites in Myanmar. You also have a chance to enjoy local lunch with the famous Bago’s grilled prawn. Continue to the based camp of Golden Rock Mountain for more two hours’ drive by car. Get on the open local truck to climb up to the summit of Mountain (10 Km mountain road / 45- 60 minutes). Check in at hotel and enjoy dinner in your hotel with panoramic Mountain View. Sightseeing highlights:
1. Htauk Kyant war cemetery – for the Allied soldiers who died in Myanmar during World War II.
2. Shwemawdaw Pagoda – the Highest Pagoda in Myanmar. Built around 1000 years ago.
3. Kya Kha Wine Monastery – largest teaching monastery in Bago.
4. Golden Rock Pagoda – panoramic night views with fresh air.
Overnight at hotel on the mountain.
Day 3:Golden Rock – Bago – Yangon (B/ L/ D)
Breakfast at hotel and 5 minutes walking to the local truck station. Get on the open local truck again to come down to the base camp. Head back to Yangon and enjoy some more sightseeing in Bago on the way. Lunch at local restaurant.
1. Kyaikpun Pagoda – four gigantic Buddha images all in sitting back to back against a brick pillar.
2. Shwethalyaung Pagoda – one of the biggest reclining Buddha in Myanmar.
3. Kanbawzathadi Palace – Golden Palace built by King Bayinnaung (1551-1581 A.D.)
4. Yangon Night Market – local vendors pop up along every street, selling snacks, fruits, etc.
Dinner at local restaurant in Yangon. Overnight at hotel.
Day 4:Yangon City Tour (B/ L/ D)
Today Morning, enjoy the fresh air and beauty of green Yangon in the Kandawgyi Nature Park. Then, Taking a short trip on a Yangon circular train for approximately 60 minutes passing about 8 or 10 stations. After that is free time for shopping in the Yangon’s largest Market, “Bogyoke market”, formerly named “Scott Market”. Lunch at local restaurant..
1. Kandawgyi Nature Park – it is a popular recreation center of the capital of Yangon.
2. Yangon Circular train – Excellent way to observe everyday life in Yangon.
3. Saint Mary Church – Largest Catholic Church in Myanmar. Built in 1890.
4. Bogyoke Market – Largest market in Yangon and One of the main attraction for tourist. (Closed on every Monday and gazette holidays)
5. Junction City – one of the latest international shopping center.
Day 5:Depart Yangon (B)
After breakfast, transfer to airport for your flight back home.
– 4 nights’ accommodation
– Return PRIVATE airport transfers
– Services of English speaking Guide
– Truck for Golden Rock Mountain (sharing with other)
– International air ticket
– Travel insurance
– Myanmar Visa fee: RM 280 per passport