– Travel in comfort along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and into southern farmland to Lake Te Anau, the largest lake in the South Island.
– Travel along the lake and into Fiordland National Park.
– Take advantage of the photo opportunities on offer along the Milford Road, like the stunning Mirror Lakes, where on a calm day the surrounding mountain ranges are perfectly reflected in the still waters, and Knobs Flat, where glaciers have carved their mark on the terrain.
– Amazing views of the dramatic skyline as you cross the Main Divide of the Southern Alps, with stunning mountain peaks all around.
– Stop at Monkey Creek and sample some of the purest water in the world (but watch out for cheeky kea – native mountain parrots!).
– Travel under the mountains through the Homer Tunnel, a 1.2km passageway drilled into solid rock.
– Experience The Chasm, a short but impressive walk over footbridges spanning a series of powerful, swirling waterfalls and rapids.
– Board your 1 hour 45 minute cruise and set off to explore the region that Rudyard Kipling called the ‘eighth wonder of the world’.
– A gourmet buffet lunch featuring fresh local ingredients will be served on board (included in your tour).
– Creek and the Chasm are dependent on weather and road conditions.
– Timetables have been updated due to flooding and damage on the Milford Road. There will be limited photo stops on the way to Milford Sound: Mirror Lakes and Eglinton Valley will be the only planned stops. If time allows we may make additional stops. The duration of the cruises is unchanged.
– Wear comfortable walking shoes, bring a hat and your camera.
– Depending on traffic conditions etc the order of the itinerary may have to be changed
– Operator reserves the right to cancel tour IF we don’t have sufficient numbers
– Departure Place will be advised once the booking confirmed after the payment
Day 1:Day Tour
Travel by coach on an unforgettable journey from Queenstown into Milford Sound. Located within the World Heritage Fiordland National Park, this region is rich with dense rainforest, lakes and waterfalls cascading from rugged mountain peaks.
After your cruise, return to Queenstown by coach.
– One day tour in Seat-In Coach basis
– Buffet lunch
– Milford Road stops including Mirror Lakes, Knobs Flat, Monkey
– Return international air ticket
– Travel Insurance
– Others not mentioned
Milford Sound, New Zealand