– Travel north through the historic gold mining region of the rugged Kawarau River Gorge and past Cromwell, famed for its fruit-growing.
– Skirting the shores of Lake Dunstan, we cross the Lindis Pass to Omarama for morning tea (own expense).
– Continue through the rugged high country landscape of the Mackenzie Basin to arrive at Mount Cook Village, where you can gaze up at the 3,724 metre-high mountain Aoraki / Mount Cook, an important landmark in Māori mythology.
– Enjoy the views from the iconic Hermitage Hotel as you eat a delicious lunch (optional extra) or explore the village and its scenic surrounds.
– There is also the chance to take off on a scenic flight over the park with its snowcapped mountains and ancient glaciers (additional cost, weather permitting – this flight can be arranged with your driver/guide on the day).
– Optional: Lunch at the Hermitage Hotel, booking in advance.
– Optional: Scenic Flight (own expense), booking in advance.
– Wear comfortable walking shoes, bring a hat and your camera.
– Depending on traffic conditions etc the order of the itinerary may have to be changed
– Operator reserves the right to cancel tour IF we don’t have sufficient numbers
– Departure Place will be advised once the booking confirmed after the payment
Day 1:Day Tour
Take a day trip from Queenstown to Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park, home to New Zealand’s highest mountain.
– One day tour in Seat-In Coach basis
– Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park
– Mount Cook Village
– Kawarau River Gorge, Lake Dunstan, Mackenzie Basin
– Return international air ticket
– Travel Insurance
– Others not mentioned