- Tour Highlights
- Price & Dates
from May 9, 2023 till October 5, 2024
- ~ Luxurious accommodations in category booked
- ~ All meals on board including sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, and soft drinks at lunch and dinner
- ~ Daily sightseeing with headsets and expert local guides
- ~ Onboard entertainment
- ~ Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- ~ International air ticket
- ~ Safety net protection
- ~ Airport transfer
Happiness flows with Avalon Waterways. Cruise on Suite Ships with the widest stateroom views from your window-facing bed. Relaxed luxury flows throughout the ship in every detail plus personalize with Classic, Active, and Discovery excursions. Cruise Critic named Avalon’s staterooms the best in the business, and yes, we’re blushing a bit. But it’s only because we’ve taken such pride in bringing you river cruising’s only Open-Air BalconySM stateroom design, featuring beds with a view. Rest easy (literally) as you enjoy bigger views, more space and 24/7 access to open-air cruising. With Avalon, the award-winning views are as wide open as the possibilities.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
ARRIVE BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (EMBARKATION)
- Welcome to Hungary.
- Your Suite Ship is Ready for Boarding.
- Flights into Budapest must arrive by 2 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
- OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO MOHACS
- Visit the Adventure centre for today's activities with your Adventure Host.
- ACTIVE - Enjoy an easy bike ride in Mohacs with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a morning Guided Sightseeing Tour of Mohacs. Tour the remarkable medieval St. Nicholas Watermill, OR:
- CLASSIC - Take a Guided Tour of nearby Pecs to see its 4th-century Christian underground tombs, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll also enjoy an organ concert on your tour.
- EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO ILOK
ILOK, CROATIA – NOVI SAD, SERBIA
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided Tour of Ilok. Enjoy a brief cruise to Novi Sad while having lunch onboard.
- ACTIVE - Enjoy a relaxing walk in Novi Sad with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided Tour of Novi Sad, the second largest town in Serbia.
- OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO BELGRADE
- ACTIVE - See Belgrade's central walkway with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Belgrade including Saint Sava-one of the world's largest Orthodox churches.
- DISCOVERY - Attend an onboard Lecture to learn about the rich history, destinations, and culture of the Balkan states. Spend your free time exploring the city on your own this afternoon.
- This evening, you might like to join an Optional Excursion for an authentic Bohemian Dinner in the Quarter of Skadarlija.
- OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO GOLUBAC
GOLUBAC – DONJI MILANOVAC – IRON GATES GORGE
- CLASSIC - Visit the Fortress of Golubac, one of the best-preserved medieval fortresses in Europe. Enjoy a brief sailing to Donji Milanovac.
- ACTIVE - Explore Donji Milanovac by bike with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided Tour to the Mesolithic archaeological site of Lepenski Vir with unique views of the Danube Gorge. Sail through the spectacular and narrow Iron Gates Gorge-a natural border between Serbia and Romania.
- AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VIDIN
- Join your Adventure Host for today's special activities. ACTIVE - Enjoy an easy hiking experience in Vidin with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join Guided Sightseeing in Vidin, followed by a Guided Tour of Belogradchik.
- Marvel at the remarkable rock formations on the western slopes of the Balkan Mountains, sculpted by 200 million years of natural elements.
- AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO ROUSSE
ROUSSE. VELIKO TARNOVO & ARBANASSI EXCURSION
- ACTIVE - Join a walk through the park with your Avalon Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a full-day Guided Tour to Veliko Tarnovo-with its ancient stone houses clinging to the cliffs above the Yantra River.
- Discover one of the oldest towns in Bulgaria (circa 4300 BC), as well as the Bulgarian Revival architecture in the 15th-century town of Arbanassi, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Bulgaria's largest inland port and visit its impressive Holy Trinity Church. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board with a Bulgarian folklore show.
- OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO OLTENITA
OLTENITA, ROMANIA (DISEMBARKATION) – BUCHAREST
- CLASSIC - Take a Guided Tour of Bucharest. Spend some free time exploring on your own to visit shops and museums. See the beautiful home and churches along Victory Avenue.
- Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning.
Lower Danube River - Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Serbia
~ Iron Gates
~ Nikopol. Excursion to Veliko Tarnovo & Arbanassi
|Offer (Price subject to exchange rate fluctuation)||Tour price (Price shown after discount included port charges & gratuities.)||Deluxe Stateroom cabin (Indigo Level 1) Per Person (From)||Panorama Suite cabin (Sapphire Level 2) Per Person (From)||Panorama Suite cabin (Royal Level 3) Per Person (From)|
|[2024-Save U$1,000]||12, 23Apr||RM 16,020||RM 22,810||RM 23,535|
|[2024-Save U$1,000]||12, 24 Aug||RM 17,430||RM 24,240||RM 24,945|
|[2024-Save U$1,000]||25 Oct||RM 18,370||RM 25,180||RM 25,885|
|[2024-Save U$750]||17 Sept||RM 20,015||RM 26,825||RM 27,530|