- Tour Highlights
- Price & Dates
From 09 Apr till 06 Aug 2024
- Luxurious accommodations in category booked
- All meals on board including sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, and soft drinks at lunch and dinner
- Daily sightseeing with headsets and expert local guides
- Onboard entertainment
- Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- International air ticket
- Safety net protection
- Airport transfer
Happiness flows with Avalon Waterways. Cruise on Suite Ships with the widest stateroom views from your window-facing bed. Relaxed luxury flows throughout the ship in every detail plus personalize with Classic, Active, and Discovery excursions. Cruise Critic named Avalon’s staterooms the best in the business, and yes, we’re blushing a bit. But it’s only because we’ve taken such pride in bringing you river cruising’s only Open-Air BalconySM stateroom design, featuring beds with a view. Rest easy (literally) as you enjoy bigger views, more space and 24/7 access to open-air cruising. With Avalon, the award-winning views are as wide open as the possibilities.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
ARRIVE BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (EMBARKATION)
- Welcome to Hungary. Your Suite Ship is Ready for Boarding.
- Flights into Budapest must arrive by 3:30 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
- The day is yours to relax and enjoy the city with time for photographs, cafes, and confections.
- OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN BUDAPEST.
- Visit the Adventure centre for today's activities with your Adventure Host.
- ACTIVE - Hike up to a magnificent viewpoint in Budapest with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Enjoy a Guided City Sightseeing, including the iconic Heroes' Square. This afternoon choose among a wide selection of Optional Guided Excursions or take in the beauty of Budapest while enjoying some free time exploring such famous sights as the Chain Bridge.
- Get to know the city's cafes and pubs, or take a hike through the hills above the Danube.
- EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO BRATISLAVA
BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA – HAINBURG, AUSTRIA
- ACTIVE - Follow your Avalon Adventure Host on a hike to lofty Bratislava Castle, OR:
- CLASSIC - Take a Guided City Walk, including the quaint streets of Old Town, Town Hall, and the sight of royal coronations at St. Martin's Cathedral. During lunch time enjoy a short sailing to Hainburg.
- Enjoy some free time in Hainburg or take a Guided Optional Excursion to discover the natural beauties of this area.
- OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VIENNA
- ACTIVE - Explore Vienna's Danube Island by bike with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Explore the Habsburg empire with a morning Guided City Tour of Vienna. See the Imperial Palace complex, Vienna Opera House and St. Stephen's Cathedral.
- You may decide to take a Guided Optional Excursion to Schonbrunn Palace. Spend free time strolling in the pedestrian Karntnerstrasse or take a bike ride through the city and stop in a local cafe to enjoy of Sachertorte or Apfelstrudel.
- This evening, enjoy an unforgettable musical performance with an Optional Excursion to attend a Royal Waltz Concert in an elegant hall.
- OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO DURNSTEIN
DURNSTEIN – WACHAU VALLEY – YBBS. EXCURSION TO MELK
- ACTIVE - Join a Guided Hike up to the castle ruins to take in the spectacular view of the village, Danube, and the Wachau Valley below, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided Walk, and hear the legendary tale of King Richard the Lionheart. Later, stretch out on the Sky Deck as you sail through the Wachau Valley past vineyards, castles, and charming villages on your way to Ybbs.
- DISCOVERY - This afternoon, a workshop in a local bakery with an expert chef, will let you create your own pastry, OR:
- CLASSIC - Visit Ybbs, admire the architecture of the Babenberger and old town, OR:
- CLASSIC - Take a Guided Tour of Melk's magnificent Benedictine Abbey.
- EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO LINZ
- Ask about today's energizing or relaxing Adventure Host activities.
- CLASSIC - Take a Guided Walk and see Hauptplatz-Austria's largest medieval square-and the towering white-marble Trinity Column.
- Consider a full-day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg or to the picturesque Bohemian town of Cesky Krumlov.
- You may otherwise spend the afternoon on a biking picnic along the banks of the Danube or hike through Linz's beautiful nature trails to Postlingberg for a bird's-eye view of the city and river below.
- OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN LINZ
SCHLOGEN OXBOW – PASSAU, GERMANY
- This morning, cruise through the Schlogen Oxbow, a particularly beautiful horseshoe-shaped bend of the river.
- ACTIVE - Join your Avalon Adventure Host for Hiking from Oberhaus along a trail down to the valley and along Ilz River, OR:
- CLASSIC - Take a Guided City Walk into Passau. Before sailing to Deggendorf. take a little free time to explore Passau on own.
- EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO DEGGENDORF
DEPART DEGGENDORF (DISEMBARKATION)
- Your cruise ends with breakfast this morning.
- Flights should not leave Munich airport before 8 am.
Danube River (Czech Republic & Brastilava, Austria)
~ Dürnstein & Melk
|Tour Promo (Price shown after discount included port charges & gratuities.) Price subject to exchange rate fluctuation)||Depature Dates||Deluxe Stateroom cabin (Indigo Level 1) Per Person (From)||Panorama Suite cabin (Sapphire Level 2) Per Person (From)||Panorama Suite cabin (Royal Level 3) Per Person (From)|
|[BUY 1 FREE 1]||09 Apr - 16 Apr 2024||RM 10,780||RM 14,312||RM 14,680|
|[BUY 1 FREE 1]||01 Jul - 08 Jul 2024||RM 11,750||RM 14,780||RM 15,140|
|[BUY 1 FREE 1]||03 Jul - 10 Jul 2024||RM 11,270||RM 14,780||RM 15,140|
|[BUY 1 FREE 1]||09 Jul - 16 Jul 2024||RM 11,270||RM 14,780||RM 15,140|
|[BUY 1 FREE 1]||25 Jun - 02 July 2024||RM 11,270||RM 14,780||RM 15,140|
|[BUY 1 FREE 1]||10 Jul - 17 Jul 2024||RM 11,270||RM 14,780||RM 15,140|
|[BUY 1 FREE 1]||30 Jul - 06 Aug 2024||RM 11,270||RM 14,780||RM 15,140|
|[2024-SAVE U$1,250]||04, 05, 09, 10Apr; 04, 11Nov||RM 12,225-RM14,105||RM 19,035-RM 20,915||RM 19,740-RM 21,620|
|[2024-SAVE U$1,250]||01, 02, 03, 09, 10, 15, 16, 23, 30 Jul; 05, 06, 13, 20 Aug; 20, 27Oct||RM 15,045-RM 15,985||RM 21,855-RM 22,795||RM 22,560-RM 23,500|
|[2024-Save U$1,250]||27Aug||RM 16,455||RM 23,265||RM 23,970|
|[2024-Save U$1,000]||18Apr; 28 Oct||RM 14,340-RM15,750||RM 21,150-RM 22,560||RM 21,855 - RM 23,365|
|[2024-Save U$1,000]||09, 23, 28May; 04, 11, 12, 18, 25Jun ; 28 Aug, 06, 07, 10, 13, 14, 17 Oct||RM 16,690-RM 17,630||RM 23,030-RM 24,440||RM 23,735-RM 25,145|
|[2024-Save U$1,000]||03, 04, 10, 21, 23, 28, 30 Sept||RM 18,100||RM 24,910||RM 25,615|
|[2024-Save U$750]||16 May; 16 Sep||RM 17,395||RM 24,205||RM 24,910|
Avalon Waterways Luxury River Cruise
DELUXE STATEROOM (CATEGORY E & D) ~ Room size - 172 SQ. FT. ~ Two bay windows ~ Double / Twin bed ~ Comfort Collection BedsSM with choice of mattress firmness ~ Egyptian super-combed cotton linens ~ Bathrobes & slippers ~ Premium L'Occitane® bath products & hairdryer ~ Fullsize bathroom featuring shower with glass door ~ Wide selection of free movie channels and English-speaking TV ~ Individual climate control and in-room safe ~Full-size closet and mirror ~ Additional under-bed storage ~ Well-stocked mini-bar
Avalon Waterways Luxury River Cruise
~ PANORAMA SUITE (CATEGORY A, B & P) - 200 SQ. FT. ~ Wall-to-wall Panoramic Window measuring 11'- 50% larger than industry standard ~ Wall-to-wall Panoramic Window opens to transform the living space into a large Open-Air-Balcony ~ Open-Air-Balcony with spacious sitting area ~ Comfort Collection BedsSM with choice of mattress firmness ~ Egyptian super-combed cotton linens ~ Bathrobes & slippers ~ Premium L'Occitane® bath products & hairdryer ~ Large bathroom featuring shower with glass door ~ Wide selection of free movie channels and English-speaking TV ~ Individual climate control and in-room safe ~ Full-size closet and mirror ~ Additional under-bed storage ~ Well-stocked mini-bar