- Tour Highlights
- Price & Dates
From 31 Mar till 29 Sep 2024
- Daily breakfast and certain dinner
- Transportation (Coach/Train/Ferry)
- Professional Tour Director and guide service
- Luggage Handling service
- Hotel taxes, porterage, tips and service charges
- Standard Accommodation
- International air ticket
- Airport transfer
- Gratuities to Tour Directors/guides
- Safety net protection
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day 10
- Day 11
ARRIVE IN MADRID, SPAIN.
- Check into your hotel and, if you have time, start exploring this bustling city on your own with the help of the CosmosGO app.
- Later, meet your tour companions and the Tour Director during the included welcome dinner at your hotel.
- Your Tour Director will explain the dos and don’ts of the walk and give you some important advice.
- Overnight in Madrid Standard comfortable hotel
MADRID - SARRIA.
- Transfer to the train station to board the train to Sarria (you will be responsible for carrying your own luggage).
- On arrival, check in at the hotel and spend the evening at leisure, or spend free time to see the early-Gothic Church of O Salvador on the Main Street, the 13th- century Convent of the Magdalena at the outskirts of the old town, or enjoy a drink with your fellow pilgrims on the river walk next to the hotel.
- Today’s distance (by train): 313mi / 504 km
- Overnight in Sarria
SARRIA - PORTOMARIN
- Approximately 23 km/14.3 mi – Average 6 hrs – Difficulty 3/3).
- This is the real start of the journey. May every step be a thought on peace and an extension of loving kindness. Expect a peaceful walk in shady oak forest and through pretty villages on quiet country roads.
- The village of Barbadelo has a beautiful Romanesque church that is worth a visit.
- You will also pass through the village of Ferreiros. On arrival in Portomarín, relax at one of the many outdoor cafes in the main square.
- Overnight in Portomarin
PORTOMARIN - LESTEDO
- Approximately 20 km/12.5 mi – Average 4.5 hrs – Difficulty 2/3. Let your mind wander and the feet follow.
- Begin the day by crossing over the Belesar dam footbridge, then start a gradual climb to the village of Ligonde.
- This stage mainly runs along andanderos (paths) next to the road or, in some cases, along paved trails.
- There are many signs indicating the pilgrim route, including the famous cruceiros (crucifixes). Check out the Cruceiro of Lameiros and the Monastery of Our Saviour of Vilar de Donas (2 km/1.2 mi detour off the Camino). Overnight in Lestedo.
- Overnight in Lestedo
LESTEDO - MELIDE
- Approximately 18 km/11.2 mi – Average 4 hrs – Difficulty 2/3. Keep an open mind and heart, let go of expectations, and enjoy the feeling of freedom along this ancient pilgrim path.
- The Camino takes you into the province of Coruña, with its fine eucalyptus and pine expanses, and numerous medieval bridges, such as the ones in Leboreiro and Furelos. Melide is an obligatory stop for food lovers; the best-known local delicacy here is octopus.
- Overnight Melide
MELIDE - ARZUA
- Approximately 14 km/8.7 mi – Average 3.30 hrs – Difficulty 2/3. The Camino can be a powerful catalyst for positive change.
- Today’s landscapes are similar to the previous day’s, with some idyllic locations such as the Camino in Ribadiso da Baixo near Arzúa. Arzúa is where the modern town with its bars, restaurants and the Church of St James overshadow the Medieval centre.
- Overnight Arzua
ARZUA - AMENAL
- Approximately 25 km/15.5 mi – Average 6 hrs–Difficulty 2/3.
- Finding the courage to face our fears and stepping outside our comfort zone can lead us to self-discovery.
- The route today is a nice and leisurely walk over gentle slopes and through woodland, combined with some stretches along the road, which you will have to cross on occasions
- Overnight in Amenal
AMENAL - SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- Approximately 15 km/9.5 mi – Average 4 hrs – Difficulty 2/3. Our experiences and encounters are waymarks to the inner path. This is the last stage of your Camino de Santiago.
- Today, distance will not matter. There is a climb to San Marcos, from Lavacolla, passing Monte do Gozo before descending to Santiago de Compostela. Congratulations, you made it! If you have walked all stages of the Camino, you will receive your Pilgrim Certificate.
- Give thanks by attending the [M] Pilgrim Mass in the magnificent Cathedral
- Overnight Compostella
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELAFINISTERRE - MUXIA - SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA.
- You have reached your goal; now reach the end of the world. Complete the experience with a morning excursion by coach to the stunning Cape Finisterre peninsula, on the Atlantic Ocean, believed in Roman times to be the end of the world.
- Stop in Muxia, a small town on the coast, and visit the Sanctuary of our Lady of the Boat. This very scenic region not only offers wild beauty, but also delicious seafood and interesting legends.
- Return to Santiago in the early afternoon and meet your Local Guide for a guided walking sightseeing tour of the magical old city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Today's Distance by coach: 117 mi / 187 km
- Overnight in Santiago de Compostella
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - MADRID.
- Train to Madrid
- Take the spiritual growth and appreciation for simple things back home with you. This is your most important souvenir of the Camino.
- Today we transfer to the Santiago train station to catch a train to Madrid (you will be responsible for carrying your own luggage).
- Your Tour Director will be at hand for any assistance or suggestions on how to spend the last night in the Spanish capital. Today’s Distance by train: 373 mi / 600 km
- Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning.
- Faith based walking tour
- Suitable for active individual (at all age)
- Fitness level
- Physically fit and able to walk through forests and alongside busy roads
- Can walk approximately 15-20 km daily.
- Average 4-5hours daily (7days)
- Luggage handling being arranged
|Departure Dates||Price PP (From)||-||-||-|
|31 Mar - 10 Apr 2024||RM 13,330|
|07 Apr - 17 Apr 2024||RM 14,110|
|28 Apr - 05 May 2024||RM 14,110|
|12 May - 22 May 2024||RM 14,110|
|26 May - 05 Junee 2024||RM 14,110|
|09 June - 19 June 2024||RM 14,110|
|23 June - 03 July 2024||RM 14,110|
|16 July - 26 July 2024||RM 14,060|
|19 July - 29 July 2024||RM 14,060|
|18 Aug - 28 Aug 2024||RM 14,060|
|01 Sept - 11 Sept 2024||RM 14,110|
|15 Sept - 25 Sept 2024||RM 14,110|
|29 Sept - 09 Oct 2024||RM 14,110|