- Tour Highlights
- Price & Dates
from April 18, 2023 till December 4, 2024
- ~ Luxurious accommodations in category booked
- ~ All meals on board including sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, and soft drinks at lunch and dinner
- ~ Daily sightseeing with headsets and expert local guides
- ~ Onboard entertainment
- ~ Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- ~ International air ticket
- ~ Safety net protection
- ~ Airport transfer
Happiness flows with Avalon Waterways. Cruise on Suite Ships with the widest stateroom views from your window-facing bed. Relaxed luxury flows throughout the ship in every detail plus personalize with Classic, Active, and Discovery excursions. Cruise Critic named Avalon’s staterooms the best in the business, and yes, we’re blushing a bit. But it’s only because we’ve taken such pride in bringing you river cruising’s only Open-Air BalconySM stateroom design, featuring beds with a view. Rest easy (literally) as you enjoy bigger views, more space and 24/7 access to open-air cruising. With Avalon, the award-winning views are as wide open as the possibilities.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
ARRIVE BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (EMBARKATION)
- Welcome to Hungary.
- Your Suite Ship is Ready for Boarding. Flights into Budapest must arrive by 2 pm.
- Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm. The day is yours to relax and enjoy the city with time for photographs, cafes, and confections.
- EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VIENNA
- Enjoy sailing the Danube, which shares dozens of miles with Hungary and Slovakia. Relax on the Sky Deck to see the rolling landscape and red-rooftops of the Slovakian capital of Bratislava come into view.
- This evening in Vienna, you may choose to join an Optional Excursion to attend a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.
- OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN VIENNA
- ACTIVE - Explore Vienna's Danube Island by bike with your Adventure Host, OR;
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided City Tour of Vienna. See the Imperial Palace complex, Vienna Opera House and St. Stephen's Cathedral. Join a Guided Optional Excursion to Schonbrunn Palace.
- Enjoy free time this afternoon. You may also borrow a bike from the ship to explore Vienna's square or the banks of the Danube. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
- OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO DURNSTEIN
DURNSTEIN – WACHAU VALLEY - MELK
- ACTIVE - Join a Hike up to the castle ruins with your Adventure Host for a spectacular view of the village, Danube, and the Wachau Valley below, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided Walk, and hear the legendary tale of King Richard the Lionheart-who was imprisoned in the castle above the village during the Crusades. Enjoy coffee or a cocktail on the Sky Deck as you sail through the picturesque Wachau Valley to Melk.
- ACTIVE - Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a Morning Hike through Melk's beautiful countryside, OR:
- CLASSIC - Take a Guided Tour of Melk's magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library, and ornate pipe organ.
- DISCOVERY - Enjoy the flavors of the Wachau Valley with a Wine Tasting on board.
- EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO PASSAU
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful "City of Three Rivers."
- Alternatively, join a full-day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg or to the picturesque Bohemian town of Cesky Krumlov.
- Meet your ship back in Passau after your full-day selected activity for sailing.
- EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO REGENSBURG
- Join your Adventure Host for today's special activities.
- ACTIVE - Explore Walhalla by bike with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Join a Guided City Walk and see Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria.
- You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to visit the Benedictine Monastery in Weltenburg. Alternatively spend a free afternoon exploring Regensburg on foot or by bike through its charming streets.
- This evening, enjoy live entertainment after dinner.
- EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO ROTH
ROTH. EXCURSION TO NUREMBERG
- DISCOVERY - Enjoy an Onboard Lecture about the Main-Danube Canal-linking these two rivers to make a vital connection enabling navigation between the North and Black Seas.
- ACTIVE - Explore Roth's Lauter valley with your Adventure Host, OR:
- CLASSIC - Enjoy a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Roth, OR:
- CLASSIC - Choose a Guided Sightseeing of Nuremberg, OR:
- CLASSIC - Take a Guided Tour of Nuremberg Rally Grounds.
- DISCOVERY - Later, indulge in a Beer Tasting on board.
- EVENING CRUISE TO NUREMBERG
DEPART NUREMBERG (DISEMBARKATION)
- Your cruise ends with breakfast this morning.
[Upper Danube] Hungary, Austria, Germany
~ Dürnstein & Melk
|Tour Promo (Price shown after discount included port charges & gratuities.) Price subject to exchange rate fluctuation)||Depature Dates||Deluxe Stateroom cabin (Indigo Level 1) Per Person (From)||Panorama Suite cabin (Sapphire Level 2) Per Person (From)||Panorama Suite cabin (Royal Level 3) Per Person (From)|
|[2024-Save U$1,250]||01 Aug; 24 Oct||RM 14,835||RM 21,645||RM 22,350|
|[2024-Save U$1,250]||18 Nov||RM 13,425||RM 20,235||RM 20,940|
|[2024-Save U$1,000]||12 Jul||RM 16,010||RM 22,820||RM 23,535|